I found this in a little General Store in the small village of Wiangaree. The store had lots of bits and pieces from the past so one day I’ll go back and grab a few more photos. It was a very hot day and I had to go as my scrumptious Rum ‘n’ Raisin ice cream in a waffle cone was ready.
I have no idea of the age of the sign. I am glad the green disc was still there. The shop owner didn’t have the original lamp either.
Perhaps the train looked like this one lol
Years ago my uncle got a job with the council roadworks team. My aunty rang Mum and said that uncle had been arrested for stealing items from the council works depot. We rushed over there in disbelief but when we arrived the signs were there.
A gateway that lead to where PJ the horse knew where his meals appeared. PJ died a few weeks ago. He spent his retirement on the property next door to my besties as we were unable to load him onto the float to bring here to my place. He was quite old and was a rescue horse. He was treated badly by men, from what we can work out, as he didn’t like me around at the start. In the last few years he would come to me and rub on me, let me catch him when he strayed onto a neighbours place and would follow me around the paddock when it suited him. Sometimes when we were working in the paddock, he would have a gallop, do high kicks and fart making us laugh. Goodbye PJ my equine mate, going to miss you.
It is hard to imagine that this happened three years ago. First off I must say that I was alright, not in any pain and there wasn’t any blood running down my leg.
I was helping my bestie clearing away a dreadful weed at here old place. It was a thicket of Rain Tree, a very pretty flowering tree but a terrible pest when the seeds float off into the surrounding gardens and bush. I was working my way through a thicket with my chainsaw and was about to start on another section. I was stepping over some of the fallen shrubs and thought I had scratched my leg, just above my knee, on a branch. Looking down I knew it was a bit more serious than a scratch.
Apparently although I had stopped cutting the chain was still slowing down. I lifted my leg and it happened. I switched off the saw and said to my bestie that I had cut my leg. It looked bad but only just cut the skin and it wasn’t a deep cut. I reckon there wasn’t any blood because the chain and cutting bar on the chainsaw were hot and possibly cauterised the cut.
Enough of the explanation. The first photo I took with my phone while I was waiting for my bestie to change from her work clothes and take me to the hospital.
At the hospital they put in a few stitches and taped me up. I also had to have a tetanus booster shot.
This was a while after the stitches came out.
The best part of this incident was when I went to my doctors surgery to get the stitches taken out, the Nurse wasn’t sure and called a Doctor in to do an assessment. That Doctor is now my doctor as he is so good. Probably the best doctor I have ever had.